Retention of Employment Land and Premises SPD
Ended on the 2 November 2015
2.0 Purpose and objectives
2.1 The purpose of the Retention of Employment Land and Premises SPD is to secure the proper implementation of Policy E1 of the Hastings Planning Strategy 2014. The objectives of this SPD are:
- To ensure an adequate supply of employment land in
Hastings Borough, including:
- the provision of suitable locations which are available for industrial and commercial developments, and;
- provision for a broad range of business types from small start-up businesses, through to small, medium and large enterprises
- To protect existing and allocated employment sites/premises for industrial and commercial use where there is a good prospect of employment use and to also consider the upgrading or improvement of existing sites.
- to help maintain and support the creation of employment opportunities within the town.
2.2 This SPD is necessary to provide certainty and detail for potential applicants in terms of the evidence the Council requires to be submitted in support of any planning applications for the change of use away from employment B uses. Providing the correct information at the outset will also help to avoid delay in processing such applications.